Saturday, September 17, 2016

Thailand - Yato Fitness, Northern Koh Samui (North)

Location: Yato Fitness, Thanon Bond Kai, Bo Put, Surat Thani 84140, Thailand. 
+66 83 550 1253

Opening hours: 8am to midnight.

Review: This is the fourth gym that I am reviewing on Koh Samui. I am aware of this. I promise that I did other stuff whilst I was there. Honest. Shut up.

Yato Fitness was one of the gyms that I spotted whilst out on our moped driving to some of the other things that we did (see, I told you.) I am not sure of this gym is on google, but it is a nice place to train in the north of Koh Samui.

Yato Gym is a funky gym, housed in a large open sided bamboo hut. It has a Muay Thai ring and punch bag round the back too, with boxing gloves and body guards to use. Private lessons are available upon request. Whilst I was training here, I was lucky nought to meet the owner, who was a lovely lady. Despite my disaster at the Iron Gecko, I decided to ask for a photo for the blog (see below),  and she very kindly obliged. You can see her below. (see below incase that wasn't clear).

A day pass here was 200 bhat, (about £4) but week and monthly passes are also availible. 

The gym itself is pretty big and the equipment is old but in working order. It is a far cry from the three gyms previously reviewed in Koh Samui, but I almost prefer these older gyms that have a little more character to them. The gym provides sweat towels and sells protein shakes and water. There are also lockers available to store your stuff whilst you work out and parking for bikes out front.

Having trained here, I must say that it was nice working out doors. There are fans set up around the gym but no air condition. I would describe it as basic but well equipped. I know that is a contradiction. Shut up. 

The gym also offers massage treatment for cellulite, but I didn't ask about this, nor do I know how I would tell anyone about this without being punched in the face. Do so at your own risk.

Equipment wise, this gym has: 

  • Dumb bells up to 50kg
  • Squat rack 
  • Olympic bars
  • Flat Barbell bench 
  • Incline Barbell bench
  • Preacher curl bench 
  • Easy bar 
  • Leg press 
  • Leg extensions
  • Leg curl 
  • Cables x 2 sets 
  • Decline bench
  • Dips bar x 2
  • Seated low row 
  • Pec dec
  • Cardio machines 
  • Swiss balls 
  • Ab cages 
  • Core bags 

Who is this gym for? Again, I saw a mix of clients. Tourists and locals, both genders and all ability levels. I would recommend this gym to everyone. Having said that, this is not a high end gym, so if you are looking for marble bathrooms and cucumber water, this might not be for you. Also, if that is you, please never talk to me. As long as you don't mind getting your hands dirty, you can get a great workout in this gym.

Tip: Cucumber water is a waste of time. And cucumbers. And water. Stop it.











No comments:

Post a Comment