Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Thailand - AVOID Tony's Gym, Bangkok

Location: I am not going to tell you.

Review: Fuck you Tony. 


Why I hear no-one ask? Oh don't worry, I will tell you. Whether you want to know or not.


Firstly, on their basic website, Tony's advertise a day pass for 250 bhat (approx £5). Having seen the state of their gym, this is an extortionate price. Before I knew this however, and in the name of this blog, I walked to the MTR and took a train across town to check this gym out. It took me about 35 mins to get there. Having found this place, and made my way inside, I was met by a Thai lady on a makeshift desk at the front of the gym.


It was here that I was told that this gym did not sell day passes at all. Instead, I was told that I needed to buy a 15 day pass for 600 bhat (approx £12). Despite trying to explain that I did not need a 15 day pass and explaining what the website said, I was met with a computer says no response of "15 day pass only" from a women who looked so dead behind the eyes that she is either been dead and being operated as a puppet, or one of her parents must have been a crab.


Everything about this gym, from the shoddy building, the poorly maintained front garden and the dirty reception area, screams "I am likely to get dysentery from training here."


As a result of this, I was forced to walk across town to another gym. Don't waste your time here.


Fuck you Tony.


Who is this gym for? The kind of people who end up on "sucker lists" getting conned out of £10,000 for a bag of magic seeds.


Tips? Train anywhere else. Literally anywhere. Do press-ups in the gutter rather then train here. Facts.

No comments:

Post a Comment