Sunday, September 4, 2016

Thailand - Lanta Sports Complex, Koh Lanta, Thailand

LocationLanta Sports Complex, Koh Lanta, Thailand 


Review: Lanta Sports Complex was the only gym that I found on Koh Lanta, but it is the only gym you will need. Somewhere between a local gym and a western standard gym, the Lanta Sport Complex offers day passes to train, as well as massages, yoga and Muai Thai lessons. When we were in Koh Lanta, it rained constantly so I was glad to be able to get out of the bungalow and do something fun. Yes I know. I need help.  

The gym is open from 8am until 9pm and entrance on a day pass is 250 bhat (approx £5), but it is well worth the money.  

This gym has:
  • Dumbbells up-to 50kg 
  • Squat rack and olympic bars 
  • Smith machine 
  • Barbell flat bench
  • Barbell incline bench 
  • Easy bar 
  • Kettle bells 
  • Dips bar 
  • Assisted chin-up/dips
  • Running, cycling cross trainer machines 
  • Biceps curl machine 
  • Triceps extension machine 
  • Biceps curl machine 
  • Lat pulldown 
  • Seated low row machine
  • Abs machines 
  • Leg press
  • Leg extensions 
  • Swiss balls 
  • Outdoor squat rack 
  • Tires
  • Olympic rings
The gym is on the main road near the tourist areas and is easily accessible and well known to the taxi drivers on the island. 

The gym sells water and provides sweat towels free of charge. 

Who is this gym for?:  I would recommend this gym to anyone, regardless of sex or ability level. Whilst I was there, the gym was full of a mix of age and sexes made up of both tourists and locals. I had no trouble getting a spot from one of the local guys on my last set of chest press and I was made to feel welcome by everyone I spoke to. 

Tips: The gym also offers massages, so you can park your other half with a skilled masseuse whilst you work out in peace. You may think you are sensing a bit of a theme here, however, I couldn't possibly comment. Got it.








No comments:

Post a Comment